Sunday, April 21, 2013

Playing around with Time- Lapse in Detroit

I've always thought time-lapse videos were pretty interesting and amazing.  If you're not familiar with what I'm talking about, check out The Best City Time-Lapse Videos of 2012 (according to the Atlantic Cities site) or 25 time-lapse videos reeking of awesomeness.

I started doing a little research into what it takes to create my own, and since I have an 8 megapixel camera on my iPhone, I figured I'd try out an app to see what I could do. A few months back I downloaded the TimeLapse App on my iPhone that allows you to easily create time-lapse videos. It's so easy, it's practically point-and-shoot.

I used the app on consecutive days to create some short videos back in January. They're both looking out my office building from the 12th floor, looking West/Northwest towards Woodward. I uploaded them to YouTube and thought I would share them with you here. Enjoy!

Here is my first attempt:



Here's my next attempt:

blog comments powered by Disqus