Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Grandfather, Merchant Marine.

Back in March, my grandfather brought his old military uniform to a family function to show everyone. He was going to be donating it to a local museum and wanted us to be able to see it before he dropped it off later that week. He was part of the United States Merchant Marines right at the end of World War II. He was on a ship that was picking up unused armaments from the war. The ship took a full trip around the world during his tour.

I took the opportunity to take some pictures of him and the items he would be donating and wanted to share it with you as well. I'm incredibly proud of my grandfather for serving our country and I want to thank everyone who has served or is currently serving.


This is an emblem on the side of the uniform.

The uniform hanging with his hat and some documentation for the museum where it will be displayed.
Here's my grandfather with his uniform.
He also had his original dog tags that he would be donating.

This is something my grandfather had put together to
explain the different awards and bars on his uniform.

blog comments powered by Disqus